About my website
This is my little corner of the internet and you are welcome here.
I’m documenting my journey to self love and acceptance as I change the lens I view myself through. I am holding space for you. A safe space full of love, compassion and understanding to encourage you and support you on your own journey to self love. I hope that you realize that whatever you are going through, you are not alone.
I am worthy. You are worthy.
I am perfectly imperfect and so are you.
I’m a “plus size” woman, and I grew up ashamed of my body. That body shame turned into self hate, and I was in a really dark place for a while. Yoga is really what started me on my journey to self love.
I took my yoga teacher training in 2017, and created a judgement-free class space where are were welcome, regardless of their size, shape or skill level. I was told, “when you’re smaller, more people would be interested in taking classes from you” (ouch). There was a time when a comment like that would have stopped me, but not anymore. I may represent a different body type, but every body can do yoga.
My size does not determine my worth. I am a strong, confidant, vibrant woman, and that has nothing to do with my weight.
Lets be friends!
We probably don’t know each other very well yet, so here’s a list of random things about me.
- I’m addicted to travelling. I want to go everywhere and see everything.
- I have a sweet pup who is a rescue dog and is absolutely adorable.
- I have a serious passion for clothes and need to build more closet space.
- I’ve got insanely long, natural hair that I plan to donate to charity when I cut it.
- Yoga taught me to love myself where I am right now, and that working to better yourself is great, but not nearly as important as accepting yourself in the place you are.
I’m really excited to share my journey with you. I hope that connecting with me helps you to be able to accept your perfectly imperfect self also. Let’s enjoy life together!